Sunday, October 5, 2008
"Digital Media Grad Class Week 4--Social Bookmarks, Podcasts, and Social Networks"
This week had us examine Social Bookmarks, Podcasts, and Social Networks. Interesting stuff! I really enjoyed the ability to create social bookmarks and see myself instituting that in my class soon. This will be helpful when students are doing class research and come across useful sites on their own. It will save me time scurrying around the room writing down all the URL's they come across. It will also give students a place to save bookmarks they come across outside of class and school. Podcasts sound promising but I need to really examine how I am going to bring them into my class and school. My IT person is already wanting to do work with them so I will have to connect with her so we can bounce ideas off each other. As far as Social networking, the IT person at my school has already established an account with Think.com and we are talking about the usefulness of it and how to apply it in the school. That too sounds promising. I will keep you informed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Did you try a screenshot yet? I am ready to try that next. Just wondering how hard it will be.
I did a screencast and exported it as a Quicktime movie but the file is very large and I can't upload it.
Amazing what can happen when you start to use these Social Networking tools
Post a Comment